Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ramblings of a mad builder...


Haven't spoken about my builds in awhile.
Currently working on HUGE tree house custom to a very special lady who was one of the first people to rent land in Harborside. Oddly it was a very hard build. Perhaps because I have a knack of complicating the build and a knack of being in 8 IM's at once. Well in one night I accomplished more than I have in one month. I have custom made houses for people before, Fuzzball's house was my first 'house' I've ever created the prior being storefronts and civic builds. His house was made huge for a specific reason even though the good sheriff hasn't stuck in a couch.
But he does have an Elvis clock...
As for the tree house the only parameters I was given was that it needed to be part of a tree and have a hobbit door. I started the house, and deleted the first four I made knowing that if I get inspired it would only take me a night to mostly finish the build. After doing extensive study on tree houses (not finding ANYTHING that inspired me) and even stalking my client I hand selected out of the now 11K textures a pallet. Hey if you're going to have me build for you I'm making the damn thing to *your* taste.*
But aside from a round 'hobbit' door and some placed trees it is done.
*sets aside his tools and goes to sleep before remembering about the damn capes*
Damn... no sleep for me tonight.

5 comments:

Corgi said...

[squeees and runs for her sister]

Tanarian

Diane Marie / Myfanwy said...

Lunar, have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE YOU!?!?!?
Myfanwy

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

Oh you forgot to mention that Fuzz's house tends to attract gnomes for some odd, inexplicable reason. ;-)

Fuzzball Ortega said...

And the fact that we can hold an official Steelhead Event in my living room.

Huge house and only one bathroom....at least the outhouse at The Loft is within running distance

TotalLunar Eclipse said...

You know, im kind of thinking I want to redo your house... variation on the theme I can use all supers!

*runs off like a madman*